Skip to main content

Big Sur International Marathon

My husband ran his first full marathon yesterday! Big Sur International Marathon is considered one of the most challenging marathons but definitely the most beautiful in the world. Those hills and winding roads, while I'm sure makes a great view of the Pacific Ocean, have to be a killer as a runner. So needless to say, I am VERY proud of my husband for finishing this race!

According to his RunKeeper

His heart monitor obviously lost connection because I highly doubt his average heart rate was only 93bpm! And according to RunRaceResults.com, his unofficial time is 4:38:29.


My heart jumped every time I saw someone wearing red shirt or red hat. It was weird because it was never a combination of both. I was shaking when I finally saw a glimpse of Hubby and felt like I ran the marathon too after the whole thing was over!


I was cheering, yelling and jumping up and down. Dean pushed it in the end so I literally just saw him for seconds before he was gone and finished. I was so proud!


His "ambitious" goal is to finish at 4 hours but realistically Dean knew it will probably be more around four and a half hours. Unfortunately, his leg started cramping at mile 18-19 so he had to do a run/walk for the rest of the race. It killed his time and finished eight minutes after his goal. Still, what an accomplishment!


The very proud but EXHAUSTED full-marathon runner. I'm sure it was a task to smile for this photo just for me :)

Linking up to Trendy Treehouse: Shutter Love Tuesdays: Strength

I know I sound like a broken record but I really am proud of my husband!  I wasn't always supportive of his training, especially when I've had a difficult time at home and needs a break from taking care of Nathaniel. But this is such a great accomplishment. I suggested he should do the 2011 Lake Nasworthy Triathlon in July since we'll be around the area anyway and his response was: "I would have to train for the swimming." I expected he would say ask me again tomorrow or something :)


Linking up to: 
Communal Global: Tuesdays Around the World
I Should Be Folding Laundry: You Capture

Comments

  1. Wow! I am always amazed by marathon runners. I am unable to run due to a health problem, but I do enjoy working out. Marathon runners are like superheros! :)

    P.S. I'd love it if you came by to check out my fantastic Mother's Day giveaway! I have very low entries so far so you'd have a great chance of winning!

    http://www.twinsplusone.com/2011/05/beautiful-mothers-day-bracelet-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Dean! What a great accomplishment! I can't imagine how hard that must have been to train for. WAY TO GO! Thank you so much for linking up with us at Communal Global! We are always glad to see you over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Dean! Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to him. My husband did one a few years ago. So much training involved for a few hours race! Well done to him. Love it that he got a medal too! If he fancies doing another one. We have an awesome one here in New Zealand called the Rotorua marathon that attracts people from allover the world. and of course it means a trip over here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your hubby! I love the medal...

    Visit my MYM entry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone who can endure a marathon to the end has my vote of approval!

    DON’T LET THAT YELLOW GO TO YOUR HEAD

    Don’t let that yellow go to your head!
    Simply be glad it’s not puce or red!
    Give thanks for the color dear to your heart:
    Honey and lemon and cream— a good start!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Seductive Yellow—and Red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Dean...I can imagine how proud you are. Here's My Mellow Yellow Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for him!!!

    I'm so inspired I may try to run to the end of the driveway to get the mail.

    HA - - - that's about 20 feet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your hubby! What a great accomplishment! I know you're both very proud. Great photos, too. I'm looking forward to a time when my husband and I can successfully run a full marathon. Wish us luck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great accomplishment!!! and I love the picture you linked up for strength!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go! What an accomplishment!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - congratulations to your husband. You have a beautiful family and blog. Hope you have a very nice Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!